Imphal, July 28,
Police effort to drive out vendors occupying the footpath here in Imphal faced extreme opposition and rage turning the Khwairambandh Keithel into a war field yesterday. However, in border town Moreh the Civil Society organizations leaders of various communities joined hands with the police in cleaning the footpath by driving out the illegal occupation.
The measures is being taken up after the border town Moreh faces frequent traffic jam and inconveniences to students and other pedestrians as the footpath have been crowded by illegal stalls and vendors. The CSOs leaders also gave three day time to remove the extended portion of shops which encroached the footpath.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. A avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- 8th Annual Regional Principals’ Conference of KV Sangathan, Tinsukia Region begins at Imphal
- Assam Rifles commemorates Kargil Vijay Diwas
- CM distributes CMHT cards to journalists; Hands over appointment order to Th. Chinglensana
- CM inaugurates new building of Horticulture Department; ‘Horticulture sector key to state’s economic prosperity’
- CM N. Biren shares pains of Assam