Imphal July 26,
Naga Students’ Union Chandel (NSUC) has expressed shocked and anguish over the dilapidated condition of newly constructed district hospital Chandel.
“The toilet and bathrooms are unusable because of absence of proper drainage”, the statement said adding that in many places of the building, cracks and peeling are noticed due to lack of quality maintenance during construction.
The Union questions on how the contractor of the building got away with such below par construction.
The district hospital was inaugurated by the Chief Minister this year with high expectations to deliver best facilities, but on seeing the present condition of the hospital building the people are disappointed. The Union condemned the concerned authority for failure and laxity attitude to monitor the building to its pinnacle completion
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. He also looks after the website and application of Imphal Times. An avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Governor meets with Sehlon Villagers
- Assam Rifles Celebrates World Earth Day
- Manipur Governor Dr. Najma Heptulla pays floral tribute to the heroes of Khongjom War
- Following is the speech by Dr. Najma Heptulla delivered on the occasion of Khongjom Day
- Inner Manipur Parliamentary election: Re-poll announced in 12 Polling stations; fresh polling on April 24