Imphal July 26,
Naga Students’ Union Chandel (NSUC) has expressed shocked and anguish over the dilapidated condition of newly constructed district hospital Chandel.
“The toilet and bathrooms are unusable because of absence of proper drainage”, the statement said adding that in many places of the building, cracks and peeling are noticed due to lack of quality maintenance during construction.
The Union questions on how the contractor of the building got away with such below par construction.
The district hospital was inaugurated by the Chief Minister this year with high expectations to deliver best facilities, but on seeing the present condition of the hospital building the people are disappointed. The Union condemned the concerned authority for failure and laxity attitude to monitor the building to its pinnacle completion
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. A avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- 8th Annual Regional Principals’ Conference of KV Sangathan, Tinsukia Region begins at Imphal
- Assam Rifles commemorates Kargil Vijay Diwas
- CM distributes CMHT cards to journalists; Hands over appointment order to Th. Chinglensana
- CM inaugurates new building of Horticulture Department; ‘Horticulture sector key to state’s economic prosperity’
- CM N. Biren shares pains of Assam