Imphal, July 25,
As in the past, a large number of people turned up to take their grievances to the notice of Chief Minister N. Biren Singh at the joint Meeyamgi Numit and Hill Leaders’ Day held at Chief Minister’s Secretariat today.
The Chief Minister heard as many as 493 complaints and met around 1500 people from 8:45 am to 2:30 pm at the Durbar Hall of the Chief Minister’s Secretariat.
N. Biren Singh also announced that a pension of Rs. 1500 per month would also be given to Kompeimi under Chief Minister-gi Sotharabasing-gi Tengbang (CMST) being implemented by the State Social Welfare Department.
Huge number of people were seen gathered at the gate of CM’s Bungalow since early morning to obtain gate pass. The Chief Minister’s Secretariat also made extensive arrangement for the convenience of the visitors.
Adequate seating arrangements were made under a large makeshift Mandab (hall) especially erected for the day inside the CM’s Secretariat complex. Moreover, water, tea, snacks and other refreshments were also served to the visitors.
Officials of Government Departments like Social Welfare, Health Services, JNIMS, Education (S), bank, Police and DIPR etc. were also present to assist the people. A medical team along with an ambulance was kept ready for any medical emergency.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. A avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- 8th Annual Regional Principals’ Conference of KV Sangathan, Tinsukia Region begins at Imphal
- Assam Rifles commemorates Kargil Vijay Diwas
- CM distributes CMHT cards to journalists; Hands over appointment order to Th. Chinglensana
- CM inaugurates new building of Horticulture Department; ‘Horticulture sector key to state’s economic prosperity’
- CM N. Biren shares pains of Assam