Imphal, July 25,
State Platform of Disabled People ‘s organisation Manipur today submitted memorandum to the Chief minister of Manipur on Meeyamgi Numit urging him to initiate the following demands in the interest of the Persons with disabilities of the state.
The Demands are -
1. To frame State Disability policy and to channelize the Rights of Persons with Disability Act 2016 in the State at the earliest.
3. To give skill Development Training Programme for the Persons with Disabilities in the State.
4. To create Accessibility in all the Public and Private buildings as per the RPD Act 2016 under session 40 to 46.
5. To amend and include disable game and sports in the State budget Policy to reconstitute Manipur State Paraolympic committee with the representative of the disable organization for better functioning in the State.
6. To create separate directorate office for the persons with disabilities and constitute state Advisory board for disabilities in the State as per the RPD Act 2016 within one month i.e.25th of August 2018.
The Disabled body also threatened serious action if fail to fulfil the demand.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. A avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Assam Rifles Conducts Free Health Awareness Campaign
- Seminar Cum Awareness Programme On TDS Held
- Bamboo plantation can be an alternative to Jhum cultivation: Forest Minister Th. Shyamkumar
- AR Conducts Security Meet
- Oscar Winning Italian Film-Cinema Paradiso to be Screened with interaction session On June 16 At 5 Pm