Imphal, July 19,
State police seems to be not happy with the suspension of two of their colleagues who had committed excess to group of students protestors in front of the BJP Manipur Pradesh Office at Nityapat Chuthek.
Sital Oinam, general secretary of DESAM was nearly killed after a police personnel pushed him while confronting them which accidentally landed him under a running heavy vehicle. Sital is at present treating at Raj Medicity and is waiting for surgery to treat the fractures armed. It was a miracle that the heavy vehicle did not run over his head. Some of the students were also injured in police action.
Chief Minister N. Biren Singh too expressed shocked to the attitude of the police personnel and during his visit to the injured students today announced suspension of two police personnel including the one commanding the team.
Large number of police personnel today hold a meeting late today evening in the Commando Complex at Minuthong and condemn the suspension of their colleague.
Video footage sent uploaded in Social media saw police personnel shouting to cease duty. They also demanded revocation of the suspension of the two colleague.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. A avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- 8th Annual Regional Principals’ Conference of KV Sangathan, Tinsukia Region begins at Imphal
- Assam Rifles commemorates Kargil Vijay Diwas
- CM distributes CMHT cards to journalists; Hands over appointment order to Th. Chinglensana
- CM inaugurates new building of Horticulture Department; ‘Horticulture sector key to state’s economic prosperity’
- CM N. Biren shares pains of Assam