Imphal, July 19,
2nd day of the 48 hours bandh called by the Manipur University Students’ Union (MUSU which is being supported by various students organisation, CSOs and other individuals completely freeze life in Valley district of the state crippling all wake of live. Report reaching here said that border trade at Moreh too has been seriously hit due to the bandh called.
Unlike yesterday, Imphal today witness large number of people coming on the road and stopping all sort vehicular movement at many places including Uripok, Khurai, Haobam Marak, Lamphel etc.
At Langjing Achouba large number of people came out at Imphal- Jiri road and burnt tyres and plank in the middle of the road to prevent any vehicular movement.
Khwairanband Keithel, Paona Keithel and almost all shops and business establishment continue to shut down. Some street vendors seen yesterday were not seen today as bandh supporters shut them.
At Thoubal district tyres were burnt in the middle of the road to prevent vehicular movement. Market center at Wangjing, Thoubal and Yairipok remain closed.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. He also looks after the website and application of Imphal Times. An avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Governor meets with Sehlon Villagers
- Assam Rifles Celebrates World Earth Day
- Manipur Governor Dr. Najma Heptulla pays floral tribute to the heroes of Khongjom War
- Following is the speech by Dr. Najma Heptulla delivered on the occasion of Khongjom Day
- Inner Manipur Parliamentary election: Re-poll announced in 12 Polling stations; fresh polling on April 24