Imphal, July 17,
Large number of women under the aegis of the Extra Judicial Execution Victim Families Association (EEVFAM) today staged a protest rally infront of the Office of the CBI Manipur branch at Lamphel demanding speedy investigation of the various fake encounter killing case in the state.
Mention may be made that a writ petition filed at the supreme court against the killing of 1528 cases had ordered investigation of some selected case to the CBI. The delayed in the process of investigation was put to the notice of the Supreme court and SC even warn the CBI on why the investigation should be delayed.
On the other hand former police commando constable Herojit’s revelation over the killing of Sanjit in cold blood under the order from his superior had given a turning point to the investigation and the EEVFAM questioned why those responsible are still not charge sheeted.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. A avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Assam Rifles Conducts Free Health Awareness Campaign
- Seminar Cum Awareness Programme On TDS Held
- Bamboo plantation can be an alternative to Jhum cultivation: Forest Minister Th. Shyamkumar
- AR Conducts Security Meet
- Oscar Winning Italian Film-Cinema Paradiso to be Screened with interaction session On June 16 At 5 Pm