Chandel, July 16,
While welcoming and appreciating the “6010 Village” mission launched by the Government of Manipur, the Chandel Naga Peoples Organization (CNPO) has expressed strong objection, resentment and condemnation against the invitation/program which has been circulated in social media slated to be held on 17‘“ July, 2018 at Aimol Khullen on 17'” July, 2018 Chandel district.
A statement said that S. Munthulreng is the elected/mandated President of Almol Tribe Union declared by the Election Commission on May 6, 2014. Therefore, the inclusion of a self-proclaim President by the name Rt. Akhel In the Go To Village Invitation/program should not be repeated again by the GOM.
The CNPO also oppose creating of Tengnoupal district saying that unless the Tripartite Talks amongst UNC, GOM and GOI is brought to acceptable conclusion, Tengnoupal must remain and written as Sub-Division, not as District at any cost.
CNPO also condemn the search operation and harassment of general public conducted by commandos in and around Aimol areas especially at the residence of Aimol Tribe Union executive on the pretext of appreciated Go To Village mission.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. A avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- 8th Annual Regional Principals’ Conference of KV Sangathan, Tinsukia Region begins at Imphal
- Assam Rifles commemorates Kargil Vijay Diwas
- CM distributes CMHT cards to journalists; Hands over appointment order to Th. Chinglensana
- CM inaugurates new building of Horticulture Department; ‘Horticulture sector key to state’s economic prosperity’
- CM N. Biren shares pains of Assam