Nunglekpam Premi’s Short story “Manipuri Women through the century” and her Silhouette memoir life the “The Mystery of nine” were published today by the speaker of the Manipur Legislative at Manipur Press Club today.
Speaking on the occasion Speaker Yumnam Khemchand appreciated the effort of the writer and said that he is fortunate enough to find some books which forecast the tradition and culture of Manipur and assured to put it at the Assembly library.
Dr. Homen Thangjam while appreciating the writers attempt to highlight the culture and tradition of the Manipur said that he never expected a young feminist writer going dept to the cultural tradition of the region.
Prof. IS Khaidem , drew the importance of highlighting Manipuri language like Phanek which does not have meaning in the English as it is one way to highlight the pride of Manipuri Culture.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. A avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Assam Rifles Conducts Free Health Awareness Campaign
- Seminar Cum Awareness Programme On TDS Held
- Bamboo plantation can be an alternative to Jhum cultivation: Forest Minister Th. Shyamkumar
- AR Conducts Security Meet
- Oscar Winning Italian Film-Cinema Paradiso to be Screened with interaction session On June 16 At 5 Pm