Imphal, July 15,
At a time when major political parties in Tamil Nadu are opposed to the Central government’s proposal of ‘One India, One Election’, actor-turned-politician Rajinikanth on Sunday came out in support of it.
Speaking to reporters here, Rajinikanth said ‘One India, One Election’ is a good idea as it would save time and money of political parties.
Queried about the proposed Chennai-Salem eight lane expressway, Rajinikanth said such projects would bring in industrial investments.
However, he said, the government should see that only minimum farm land is acquired for the project and the land owners are compensated to the extent that they feel happy.
Asked about Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) President Amit Shah’s statement that there is a lot of corruption in Tamil Nadu, Rajinikanth ducked the question and said: “It is Shah’s views and the media should ask him.”
According to Rajinikanth, the state government could bring in bigger projects. He also gave a good performance certificate to Tamil Nadu School Education Minister K.A. Sengottaiyan.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. A avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- 8th Annual Regional Principals’ Conference of KV Sangathan, Tinsukia Region begins at Imphal
- Assam Rifles commemorates Kargil Vijay Diwas
- CM distributes CMHT cards to journalists; Hands over appointment order to Th. Chinglensana
- CM inaugurates new building of Horticulture Department; ‘Horticulture sector key to state’s economic prosperity’
- CM N. Biren shares pains of Assam