Imphal, July 11,
Joint Colleges Students’ Forum today announced to shut down all colleges affiliated to the Manipur University from tomorrow until the crisis at the University has been resolved. In a press meet held today , Convenor of the Joint Colleges Students’ Union Arambam Vikash said that as announced earlier , the forum had decided to shut down all colleges as the crisis in the Manipur University has not been resolved.
The students of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Semester has not been declared due to the ongoing crisis at Manipur University and those in the 6th semester also met the same fate and their career are at stake as none of them are getting mark sheets which is essential while going to higher studies at other University.
Meanwhile relay Hunger strike jointly organised by the Manipur University Students’ Union (MUSU), Manipur University Teachers’ Association (MUTA) and the Manipur University Staffs’ Association (MUSA) has entered 3rd day today.
Still there seems no solution to the ongoing impasse as the state government showed helpless in submitting report against the VC Prof. AP Pandey at which the Manipur University Community are demanding for his removal. The MUTA, MUSA and the MUSU on the other hand expressed strong condemnation over the threat intimidation for deploying of security forces inside the Manipur University Complex to suppress the ongoing agitation.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Manipur Lokayukta Website Launched; Lokayukta Will Work For The Interest Of The Public: Chairperson Nandakumar Singh
- Manipur is a land of resources : Minister Jayantakumar
- Collective Effort Can Achieve CM’s Green Manipur Mission Sooner: Forest Minister
- Assam Rifles saves snake bite victims
- DC Imphal East Reviews Preparedness Ahead of 7th Economic Census