PRO, IGAR (S)
Imphal July 11,
On 10 July 2018, at around 1315 hours, based on specific input received from reliable source, regarding smuggling of gold from Moreh to Imphal, a Silver Colour Maruti Van bearing Regd No MN 06L 9255 was stopped for checking at PVCP, Khudengthabi. While frisking and carrying out thorough checking of the baggage at Ladies Check Point,04 gold biscuits weighing approximately 664 grams were found inside the purse of one of the women passengers. Tinlam, aged 37 years, w/o S Jamkhonjang Haokip, r/o vill Chavanghai Veng, Tuinom Part 2 Moreh, Dist-Tengnoupal was apprehended while smuggling the gold. Recovered gold biscuits alongwith the apprehendee were handed over to Custom Preventive Force, Moreh.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. He also looks after the website and application of Imphal Times. An avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Governor meets with Sehlon Villagers
- Assam Rifles Celebrates World Earth Day
- Manipur Governor Dr. Najma Heptulla pays floral tribute to the heroes of Khongjom War
- Following is the speech by Dr. Najma Heptulla delivered on the occasion of Khongjom Day
- Inner Manipur Parliamentary election: Re-poll announced in 12 Polling stations; fresh polling on April 24