PRO, IGAR (S)
Imphal July 11,
On 10 July 2018, at around 1315 hours, based on specific input received from reliable source, regarding smuggling of gold from Moreh to Imphal, a Silver Colour Maruti Van bearing Regd No MN 06L 9255 was stopped for checking at PVCP, Khudengthabi. While frisking and carrying out thorough checking of the baggage at Ladies Check Point,04 gold biscuits weighing approximately 664 grams were found inside the purse of one of the women passengers. Tinlam, aged 37 years, w/o S Jamkhonjang Haokip, r/o vill Chavanghai Veng, Tuinom Part 2 Moreh, Dist-Tengnoupal was apprehended while smuggling the gold. Recovered gold biscuits alongwith the apprehendee were handed over to Custom Preventive Force, Moreh.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. A avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- 8th Annual Regional Principals’ Conference of KV Sangathan, Tinsukia Region begins at Imphal
- Assam Rifles commemorates Kargil Vijay Diwas
- CM distributes CMHT cards to journalists; Hands over appointment order to Th. Chinglensana
- CM inaugurates new building of Horticulture Department; ‘Horticulture sector key to state’s economic prosperity’
- CM N. Biren shares pains of Assam