Imphal, July 7,
The ongoing 39 days long impasse at Manipur University over the demand for removal of Vice Chancellor Prof. Adya Pandey Prasad by all constituents of Manipur University is likely to spark state wide protest after College students joint the protest giving 3 days ultimatum to declare the 3rd and 4th Semester examination of TDCs.
Arambam Vikash, convenor of the Joint Colleges Students’ Forum while talking to media said that they came peacefully to submit memorandum for seeking intervention of the Chief Minister to the ongoing impasse at Manipur University as the 3rd and 4th Semester examination for TDC could not be declared. Even the 6th Semester examination too has been put on hold, Vikash said.
He further added that the demand for removal of VC Prof. Adya Pandey by the MUSU, MUTA and the MUSA is a reasonable demand and the students’ forum of colleges will support the agitation.
“If the VC has not been remove within three days from today all the college students across the state will launch a state wide movement”, Vikash warned the government.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. A avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- 8th Annual Regional Principals’ Conference of KV Sangathan, Tinsukia Region begins at Imphal
- Assam Rifles commemorates Kargil Vijay Diwas
- CM distributes CMHT cards to journalists; Hands over appointment order to Th. Chinglensana
- CM inaugurates new building of Horticulture Department; ‘Horticulture sector key to state’s economic prosperity’
- CM N. Biren shares pains of Assam