Thoubal, July 6,
Assault of individuals using abusive language to persons who were on their way to attend rituals related ceremony by bandh supporters during the 48 hours general strike called by AMUCOC and Pangal civil society on July 3 was severely condemn by people of Thoubal Wangma Taba.
While announcing the 48 hour bandh by the AMUCOC and civil society organisations against the eviction of the 75 houses at Kshetri bengoon Mamang Ching Reserved Forest area, it was stated that rituals related activities , electricity, medicals, water supply and media were exempted. However, on July 3, a person identified as L. Raghu of Thoubal Leishangthem Khong Manung said that he was severely assaulted by bandh supporters at Keibung and Moijing area in Thoubal district while he was returning after attending a Shradha ceremony of the mother of his friend at Leishangthem.
A JAC was formed demanding action against those responsible for the assault.
A meeting held by the JAC had demanded to produce those responsible for the assault of Raghu by the people of Moijing within 5 days failing which any untowards incident arises should be taken as their responsibility.
The JAC also blame the people of Moijing to bear the burden for anything happen to the JAC members.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. A avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- 8th Annual Regional Principals’ Conference of KV Sangathan, Tinsukia Region begins at Imphal
- Assam Rifles commemorates Kargil Vijay Diwas
- CM distributes CMHT cards to journalists; Hands over appointment order to Th. Chinglensana
- CM inaugurates new building of Horticulture Department; ‘Horticulture sector key to state’s economic prosperity’
- CM N. Biren shares pains of Assam