Forest Department, Thoubal Division, planted saplings at Khongjom War Memorial Complex on Wednesday as a part of the 69th Van Mahotsova week celebration.
Taking part in the observance the MLA of Wangjing Tentha AC P.Brojen said the widespread tree plantation campaign being taken up all over Manipur is part of an effort to reverse the effect of adverse climatic changes and deforestation.
The voluntary participation of the public are committed to planting trees and protecting the environment is an omen that after some years our place will be covered in greeneries again.
Arung Bajpal IFS Chief Conservator Forest, Deputy Conservator Forest Rk.Amarjit IFS, Deputy Commissioner Thoubal Haobam Rosita IAS, ADM Thoubal, L.Radhakanta Superintendent of Police Thoubal Goutam and Forest Department, Thoubal division staff also participated in the plantation programme.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. He also looks after the website and application of Imphal Times. An avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Governor meets with Sehlon Villagers
- Assam Rifles Celebrates World Earth Day
- Manipur Governor Dr. Najma Heptulla pays floral tribute to the heroes of Khongjom War
- Following is the speech by Dr. Najma Heptulla delivered on the occasion of Khongjom Day
- Inner Manipur Parliamentary election: Re-poll announced in 12 Polling stations; fresh polling on April 24