By Our Correspondent
Guwahati, July 5,
Journalists’ Forum Assam (JFA) is deeply concerned on learning about the intimidation to journalists who had assisted in the reporting of an investigative story on the Hambantota port that was published by the New York Times (on 26 June 2018).
The forum appeals to all journalist associations and journalist protection bodies around the world to condemn such actions by politicians/parliamentarians and call upon the Sri Lankan government
in Colombo to ensure security for scribes.
“We stand in solidarity with all Sri Lankan journalists and also with other correspondents from foreign media working in the island nation and demand adequate protection to the media persons,” concluded the statement.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. A avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Assam Rifles Conducts Free Health Awareness Campaign
- Seminar Cum Awareness Programme On TDS Held
- Bamboo plantation can be an alternative to Jhum cultivation: Forest Minister Th. Shyamkumar
- AR Conducts Security Meet
- Oscar Winning Italian Film-Cinema Paradiso to be Screened with interaction session On June 16 At 5 Pm