Imphal, Feb 19: Chef Minister of Manipur who is also the leader of the house today said that the state government have not received any fund sought from the National Disaster Relief Fund as relief for the damage cause by the Mora Cyclone. A total of Rs. 432. 64 crore has been sought to the center by the state government but as of now state government has not received any amount from the center.
This was stated as reply to a question by MLA Alfred Kanngam Arthur during question hour today. The MLA in his supplementary question drew the attention of the leader of the house about the problems being face by the people of Manipur especially those in hill area as cultivation is more likely impossible with the damage cause by the Mora Cyclone. He urged the CM to divert some fund as relief to farmers of the Hill area as cultivation time is coming.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. He also looks after the website and application of Imphal Times. An avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Governor meets with Sehlon Villagers
- Assam Rifles Celebrates World Earth Day
- Manipur Governor Dr. Najma Heptulla pays floral tribute to the heroes of Khongjom War
- Following is the speech by Dr. Najma Heptulla delivered on the occasion of Khongjom Day
- Inner Manipur Parliamentary election: Re-poll announced in 12 Polling stations; fresh polling on April 24