Imphal, Feb 19: Revenue Minister Karam Shyam today said that the state of Manipur does not have district boundary map for all the 16 districts. This was stated as reply to a question by MLA S. Bira Singh during question in the ongoing state Assembly session today. He said that a boundary commission has been set up to and are conducting survey for each districts and a map will be prepared soon. Regarding the district map for the earlier 9 district , the Minister said that after the burning of the DC office in 1990 many of the documents have been lost however have been prepared and is all set to be completed.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. He also looks after the website and application of Imphal Times. An avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Governor meets with Sehlon Villagers
- Assam Rifles Celebrates World Earth Day
- Manipur Governor Dr. Najma Heptulla pays floral tribute to the heroes of Khongjom War
- Following is the speech by Dr. Najma Heptulla delivered on the occasion of Khongjom Day
- Inner Manipur Parliamentary election: Re-poll announced in 12 Polling stations; fresh polling on April 24