Imphal, Feb. 15: An awareness Program on Welfare scheme of minorities in Manipur & elsewhere in India was held today at Rural Development & Panchayati Raj Bhavan, Porompat, Imphal East. Sponsored by Manipur State Minorities Commission, the Program was organized by All Manipur Buddhist Association (AMBA) Imphal. Dr. Syed Burhanuddin, Chairperson - Manipur State Minorities Commission, Dr O Kumar Singh, Advisor - AMBA, Ojit Ningomba, Advocate, S Mobi, Editor- Echel Express, S Bhubon, Senior Member- AMBA and Memyo Ningombi, Joint Secretary- AMBA, were present as Presidium Members. Speaking as Resource Persons at the Awareness Program, Alhaj Dr Syed Burhanuddin, Chairperson - MSMC, Ven. Panthaw Paa, Member-MSMC, Rev. M Ranjit Singh, Member- MSMC and Abdul Hakim Shah, Secretary- MSMC elaborated on the various Welfare scheme being made available to the minorities of the state including the scholarships, benefits and assistance to students and other members in various walks of life to enable the minorities in the state to contribute to development of the society as a whole.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. He also looks after the website and application of Imphal Times. An avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Governor meets with Sehlon Villagers
- Assam Rifles Celebrates World Earth Day
- Manipur Governor Dr. Najma Heptulla pays floral tribute to the heroes of Khongjom War
- Following is the speech by Dr. Najma Heptulla delivered on the occasion of Khongjom Day
- Inner Manipur Parliamentary election: Re-poll announced in 12 Polling stations; fresh polling on April 24