Thoubal, Feb 15: “Committee for Conservation of Thoubal River” along with various club organisation continue its movement for clean Thoubal river.
Today, sit in protest were staged at seven different places by meira paibi, shopkeepers, women vendors and locals of Yairipok Bazar, Yairipok; Kiyam Babu Bazar, Haokha Kiyam; Leisangthem Bazar, Leishangthem; Okram community hall, Thoubal Okram; Sabantongba manung keithel macha, Sabantongba and Khekman community hall of Phoudel.
Whereas, the committee, along with the local people, will continue to launch different forms of agitation at various areas of Thoubal if the plights and grievances of the people remain neglected.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. He also looks after the website and application of Imphal Times. An avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Heisnam Basantakumar Award 2019 conferred to Nongmaithem Tombi Singh on World Book Day
- Governor meets with Sehlon Villagers
- Assam Rifles Celebrates World Earth Day
- Manipur Governor Dr. Najma Heptulla pays floral tribute to the heroes of Khongjom War
- Following is the speech by Dr. Najma Heptulla delivered on the occasion of Khongjom Day