Imphal, Feb 13: Chief Minister N. Biren Singh who is also the leader of the house today said that his government is serious about violation of ground rules by cadres of UGs who violates the ground ruled signed between the government and them.
Clarifying to policy cut motion moved by congress MLAs during the passing of the Supplementary grant for Police in today’s assembly session Chief Minister N. Biren Singh, who is also in charge of Home said that his government will not tolerate any violation of ground rules by cadres of UGs under SOO.
“Since our government came we have conducted raid at the camp of the UGs under SOO and arrested 26 of them beside seizing weapons which were not supposed to be kept at their camp”, N. Biren said.
He added that this is perhaps the first time that the state police conducted raid to the camps of UGs under suspension of operation.
“The state Police are now authorize to raid camps belonging to UGs which are under suspension of operation”, the Chief Minister said. Biren Singh said that his government is also concern about the rehabilitation of the cadres who had surrendered and come to the main stream.
A new surrenderee policy will come into effect from April 1 this year and this new scheme may be helpful.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. A avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- CM leads mass plantation drive at Kangla 10,000 fruit bearing trees will be planted inside Kangla: CM
- Assam Rifles Distributes Sports Kit
- AR organises medical camp at little drops Life orphanage home cum Organises Medical Camp For Special Children
- AR organized women’s volleyball Tournament at Ukhrul and inter village youth Volleyball championship
- AR Conducts Medical Camp at Khamasom