Imphal, Feb 11: Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has asked the government departments, Ministries and State governments to ensure that no essential service or benefit should be denied to a genuine beneficiary for want of Aadhaar. In a statement, the authority said, it has taken a serious note of some of the cases reported in media about the denial of essential services like hospitalisation or medical help.
It said, such claims of denial are being investigated by the concerned agencies and strict action will be taken in case denial has occurred. It said, Aadhaar is meant to bring transparency and accountability in public service deliveries through effective use of technology and it should not be misused and made an excuse to any denial in the services.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. He also looks after the website and application of Imphal Times. An avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Governor meets with Sehlon Villagers
- Assam Rifles Celebrates World Earth Day
- Manipur Governor Dr. Najma Heptulla pays floral tribute to the heroes of Khongjom War
- Following is the speech by Dr. Najma Heptulla delivered on the occasion of Khongjom Day
- Inner Manipur Parliamentary election: Re-poll announced in 12 Polling stations; fresh polling on April 24