Imphal, Feb 7: State health Department is turning blind eye to the mushrooming illegal health clinic which are running at many part of the state particularly those running at Rup Mahal Tank area here in the heart of the city.
After getting specific information, a special team of Imphal Times went and check about the existence of such clinic in and around the periphery of Khwairambandh Keithel and at Rup-Mahal Tank.
This reporter when entered at Rup Mahal tank found some drug whole sellers agents. On the first floor of the druggist center found some room designed in such a way that minor OT could be provided to patient in need. There were no signboard, name plates or any license document provided by health department authority however some para medics and nurses were found working.
Reliable source said that these unauthorised clinics used to hire doctor at time of emergency or complicacy. Some said abortion was even carried out at such clinic however; regarding this still have to get concrete evidences.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. A avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Assam Rifles Conducts Free Health Awareness Campaign
- Seminar Cum Awareness Programme On TDS Held
- Bamboo plantation can be an alternative to Jhum cultivation: Forest Minister Th. Shyamkumar
- AR Conducts Security Meet
- Oscar Winning Italian Film-Cinema Paradiso to be Screened with interaction session On June 16 At 5 Pm