Imphal, Feb 6: Congress MLAs, the main opposition party of the Manipur state Legislative Assembly once more walk out over the issue MLA AK Mirabai put up yesterday. AK Mirabai once more took up the issue during zero hour urging the speaker to take action against Congress MLA Th. Shyamkumar who had joined the BJP and become a minister in the government violating the provision of the 10 schedule of the Indian Constitution . Mirabai further said that the press conference conducted by the speaker regarding the matters of the house proceedings is against the convention of the state house. In reply to the move Speaker Khemchand said that as the matter regarding law maker Shyamkumar is in the court it would not be correct to discuss in the house he appeal the house to discuss the matter at appropriate forum. AK Mirabai was supported by another oppostion MLA Brojen. As the speaker tried to take up demand discussion the congress MLAs walk out of the house in protest against the ruling of the state legislative Assembly.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. He also looks after the website and application of Imphal Times. An avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Governor meets with Sehlon Villagers
- Assam Rifles Celebrates World Earth Day
- Manipur Governor Dr. Najma Heptulla pays floral tribute to the heroes of Khongjom War
- Following is the speech by Dr. Najma Heptulla delivered on the occasion of Khongjom Day
- Inner Manipur Parliamentary election: Re-poll announced in 12 Polling stations; fresh polling on April 24