Bunglawn, Dec 21: A newly constructed church building of the Evangelical Synod Church was inaugurated and dedicated to the Almighty God today at Bunglawn village in Churachandpur District of Manipur.
The construction for the new Holy House was started in 2012 following the foundation laying ceremony pronounced by Late Elder Kamkholien on 30th April 2012.
Amidst solemnity and fervor, the new church building is being inaugurated by Reverend Thangkhosiem, Executive Director of the Evangelical Synod Church (ESC) and dedicated by Elder Letkam Gangte.
The church being inaugurated today is of 80' long and 40' width with a sitting capacity of about 500 people.
Around One Crore INR has been invested for construction of the new church building.
A souvenir titled “Amazing Grace” is also being released to mark the significance of the occasion.
The church, founded in 1957 has produced four pastors, namely Rev Khaitinthang, Rev Dr Soson Gangte, Founder Principal, Faith Theological College, Dimapur, Pastor SJ Minthang Gangte and Pro - Pastor Soilal during the last 60 years.
The new church is being constructed following the destruction of the previous building by a strong windstorm on the fateful night of 28th April, 2012.
Once a destination of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, the then President of India, Bunglawn village was founded by Suktung Thangkhopau Gangte in 1957. His grandson, Pu S Paukholal Gangte is presently the chief of the village.
At the moment, there are about 60 houses with a population of about 400 people.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. He also looks after the website and application of Imphal Times. An avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.