By Marina Seyie and Narendra Singh
Dieze colony, Chumukedima, Dimapur, Nagaland
There is an urgent need of our government to introspect policies and directives for our better future and healthy life. We are working day and night in public and private sector to meet our daily requirements. Nothing is hidden from all of us and government that how our routine lives have been paralyzed by COVID-19 epidemic and we are also very well aware that lockdown and social distancing is the only option left for us and government to contain Corona virus from spreading further. I would like to request policy makers of our government to dwell upon under mentioned views/opinion for our better future and healthy life.
- Government offices - Most of the offices should run from home twice in a week.
- Private sector - 50% of manpower to work from home. This will help in following manners:-
(a) Requirement of less infrastructure at work place.
(b) Reduce traffic on road which leads to less air and noise pollution.
(c) Journey time can be utilise in a fruitful manner.
- Large & medium scale Industries - They need to work in two to three shifts to avoid clattering of labour.
- Banking & Financial sector - Earmarking of alternate days for depositing and withdrawing money. It will reduce load of bank employees.
(a) Train - No more waiting list tickets and platform tickets to avoid crowd at platforms and in trains. General compartments from trains should be detached immediately. Confirm ticket holders be allowed to board the train.
(b) Bus - Passenger be allowed to board buses as per availability of seats.
(c) Motivate passengers to book tickets online to avoid rush at ticket booking counter.
(d) Strict action against defaulters whether government employee or passenger.
- Education - Schools, colleges and universities should give online classes to their students and motivate students to give online exams. Coaching classes be allowed online only.
- Every state need to have minimum one medical and engineering college. All States need to have same education system to avoid interstate movement of the students.
- Competitive exams and Interviews - Government need to motivate candidates to prepare themselves to undergo written exams and Interviews online. They can be called for physical tests only.
- Every state need to have sufficient Industries and MNCs in their state to give employment to their people. Need to avoid interstate movement of labour force. States needs to generate work for their own people only.
- Government need to eradicate illiteracy by applying compulsory education to all children above four/five years. Free education till class 10 to all children. Strict actions against parents for not sending their children to school.
- Reservation be allowed to the students in professional courses and job whose parent's income is less than two lakhs per annum. Availability of books, stationaries and writing materials on subsidize rates for students.
- All States need to have minimum three to four fully equipped hospital in their each district.
STAY SAFE AND GOD BLESS OUR COUNTRY
- Published in Guest Column