Log in
Salam Chingkheinganba

Salam Chingkheinganba

Chingkheinganba has been a journalist for more than 4+ years and is popular among the team for his reporting style. In his spare time, he teaches kids from his locality. He and his parents reside in Singjamei Chingamakha Kshetri Leikai . He holds a Masters Degree in Mass Communication from Manipur University. Chingkheinganba is available via email at [email protected]

Website URL:

Take down the videos of Utlou incident from Youtube – SSUM

IT News

Imphal, April, 9,

Socialist Student’s Union of Manipur (SSUM) today appealed to take down videos of Utlou incident which has been uploaded at various social networking platform like Whatsapp, Facebook, YouTube etc., as the videos have defamed the women of Manipur.

The unfortunate incident happened on the 2nd day of Yaoshang Festival 

“The videos circulated in social media by some people immediately after the incident show clothes of women being torn, women being beaten up. And the videos are being made without the consent of these women. They were filmed in a horrible situation. After that a lot of people downloaded the videos and edited them and shared in their YouTube channels to increase their viewers and subscriptions. It might increase the subscriptions and viewership of the channels but it does not do any good for Manipur. It is going to create more problems for women of Manipur”, the SSUM statement said.

The statement added that the action of some people which have uploaded and circulated far and wide malign the image of the people. What is worrying is that since these videos depicts immoral behavior of   the women of Manipur, the fear of rape, molestation and attack on modesty of women from Manipur studying and living outside Manipur will increase. Socialist Students’ Union of Manipur pleads the people of Manipur to understand this situation.

On the other hand, since the government has not done anything about these videos and as it remains silent on the sharing of these videos, SSUM is left with no choice but to appealed people for protection of the modesty of women community of the state. SSUM also urges the people to stop sharing of these videos on whatsapp and other social media immediately.

“Most importantly, the owners of the YOUTUBE channels who have shared the video should take down the videos pertaining to the incident showing women being beaten and clothes being torn immediately”, the SSUM appealed.

  • Published in News
  • 0

MANPAC strongly oppose BJP’s manifesto regarding CAB

IT News

Imphal April 9,

Reacting on the Manifesto of BJP for the 17th Lok Sabha Election where they committed to pass the contentious CAB for the sake of the religious minority communities, Convenor of MANPAC Yumnamcha

Dilipkumar in a press statement said that inclusion of CAB in the manifesto is an insult and a challenged to the rights indigenous people. He said that they strongly opposed it and the whole people of the North East stands with them.

He further questioned to make it clear the base year and the communities of the North east excluding Assam regarding the manifesto of Congress (I) which they put forward that they will include all the

citizens of India in the NRC. He added that the base year for the NRC of Manipur should be 1951 according to the census.

He further appealed to all the people to stand against the Contentious CAB 2016 and the resolutions taken by the MANPAC along with the people.

  • Published in News
  • 0

Court Revokes NSA, Manipur Journalist Kishorechandra Wangkhem to be Released from Jail

IT News

Imphal April,8,

CJM Imphal West revoked the charges against Kishorechandra Wangkhem, jailed under the National Security Act (NSA), more than four months after he was imprisoned for criticising chief minister N. Biren Singh on social media.

Kishorechandra, 39, has been in the Sajiwa Central Jail in Imphal East since November 27 last year.

The journalist had condemned the chief minister for organising a function to commemorate the Queen of Jhansi battle against the British and linking it to the freedom movement of Manipur.

Earlier on November 21, 2018 Wangkhem, then working as an anchor-reporter with ISTV, a local news channel, was arrested by Imphal West Police in response to a video he had uploaded on social media, criticising the BJP-led state government

Manipur Journalist Kishorechandra Wangkhem, who was detained under the National Security Act last month, has been sentenced to one year in jail under the law for targeting PM Modi in a social media post.

Wangkhem’s lawyer told news website Scroll that his family will challenge his sentencing on Wednesday.

Wangkhem was detained on November 27. About a week before his detention, he was arrested by the Manipur Police for posting a video critical of Chief Minister N Biren Singh and Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Facebook, Scroll reported.

In the video, the Chief Minister lashed out at the CM, calling him a “puppet of Modi and Hindutva” for organising a function to mark the birth anniversary of Rani Lakshmibai.

Wangkhem was arrested under sections 294 and 500 of the IPC in addition to section 124 A, which deals with sedition. On November 25, a local court released him on bail on the ground that his words were “mere expression of opinion against the public conduct of a public figure in a street language”, The Wire reported.

However, he was re-arrested by the police and detained under the NSA. He has since been lodged at the central jail in Sajiwa.

On December 17, members of the Manipur Students Association, Delhi and Manipur Muslim Students Union staged a protest outside the Manipur Bhavan in Delhi opposing the detention of Kishorechandra, The Wire reported.

The Indian Journalists Union and the Press Council of India condemned Kishorechandra’s detention and demanded his release, the report said.

  • Published in News
  • 1

Secular Democratic Front Manipur stands with Congress in the upcoming election.

IT News
Imphal April 8
As the 17th Lok Sabha election is at the door step Secular Democratic front Manipur today declared that the front extends support to Indian National Congress in the upcoming 17 Lok sabha election. Speaking to media persons in a press meet held at the office of Samajwadi Party, Moirangkhom Convenor of SDF Th Inaocha said that they will be fighting this election by extending support to INC with the sole purpose to remove BJP. He said that because of the assurance of BJP's president Amit Shah that their party will pass the contentious CAB if they came in power, he said that they will strongly opposed it. He further said that to save democracy and the secular feature of India, they have taken such steps to help the INC. He appealed to all the people and the CSOs to not support the party which will bring CAB once again. He also said that a memorandum consisting 22 points were also signed with the congress which focus on various state issues. The memorandum includes to fight BJP and its plan to implement CAB, also to remove AFSPA from the entire state and to surveyed the controversial border pillar of the states, he added. He finally concluded that at any cost the people of the entire state should not vote for BJP. He added that if they didn't want to support INC than they should opt for other party but not BJP.

 

  • Published in News
  • 0