As per order of the Manipur high court Prof S. Sekharjit assumed the charge of the Director of RIMS on August 22. This was after expiry of the three weeks’ period during which the authority could not furnish details on the validity and legality of the relieving of Prof Sekharjit. In his ruling chief justice L.K. Mohaptra said that this provision was not found in the bye law and recruitment rules.
Reports say that Prof Rita had written a letter to Prof Sekharjit to wait till August 31 since the date of communication will fulfil three weeks on that day. However sources said that there is evidence to show
that Prof Rita had received the order on a particular date so that it fulfils three weeks’ period on August 21 which means that Prof. Sekharjit becomes the director from August 22.
After his assuming the charge on August 22 the presence of Prof Rita as the director in charge in RIMS has become redundant and her signature cannot be valid. In this backdrop there are reports that one
changed situation. If the DPC is not cancelled it will be a matter which will be challenged in a law court and indications are that the RIMS authority shall not be able to defend it.
Latest from Imphal Times
- The nurse are the first line actors: Th. Radhehsyam
- The Changing face of Manipuri youths
- ‘One never stops learning in Polo’
- Elected local body members felt neglected; ZP, Pradhans and ward members not invited to NEDS or Sangai Festival
- 4 including Groom died in road mishap while returning from “Mangani Chakkouba”; 3 seriously injured