In my article dated13 may 2015, I had mentioned that I will be filing case at supreme court. I had already sent legal notice on June 23rd 2015, to the following department & Schemes/Project: MNREGA, PPDS, MID DAY MEAL, ANGANWADI CENTRE, LIQUIR, TOBACCO, AGRICULTURE, LDA, INDIRA AWAS YOJANA, ELECTRICITY and MOBC Dept. This may take time but I will continue step by step, till the people of Manipur gets justice. The beneficiaries of the following schemes are not provided as per the said requirements even for the constituency of concerned Ministers and the Chief Minister, then what can be expected from other constituencies. During my journey, I had approached the opposition leaders, elected / non-elected members, to provide the beneficiaries of above schemes but they denied.
Illegal selling of Liquor and Tobacco at open market by the Non-Manipuries, (though I am not against any community) is being practiced. Including the fact, that liquor is sold inside the battalions’ canteen, to the general public ( From Jawan’s quota).It clearly indicates that there issupport from the concerned authority because these two items are banned in Manipur.
Through media ( newspaper) , it had come to my knowledge that Honourable minister for Social Welfare had mentioned that ANGANWADI CENTER buildings had already been constructed for the entire Ukhrul District, but according to my survey and report it has not been done. Also , Honourable Minister for Department of consumer affairs, Food & Public Distributions claimed that under PPDS scheme, the beneficiaries received all the items which includes wheat , rice, sugar , kerosene etc. ,but according to my survey and report it is absolutely wrong.
Here, I would like to question the concerned Minister - where is the fair price shop?
Including few points to be noted,
· Agriculture department is selling Urea at Rs. 310 per bag. Private retailers are also selling above Rs 400 per bag Urea.
· MNREGA- It’s huge injustice (according to our survey , out of 100 working days , the beneficiaries work for average 20 days .)
Similar case can be seen with
· Mid-Day Meal (most of the items that should be provided to the students are very less),
· LDA (The contract was awarded for a high magnitude, in spite of the fact that there was a single bidder\applicant. In such a situation, the guidelines are very clear that a fresh NIT should be issued.
· Electricity( We would like to know about the states/ company with whom your department is doing trading/selling)
· INDIRA AWAS YOJANA(Most of the beneficiaries are getting very less amount, according to our survey)
· MOBC (students’ scholarship) (Many wrong things are done according to our survey)
Rajkumar Premjit Singh, Social Activist
(S/o (late) R.K Ranbirsana,
Ex-Chief Minister, Manipur)
Latest from Imphal Times
- Understanding peoples in need
- Phases of Manipur Culture: A Historical Perspective
- Can the Govt. accept that its intelligence network has totally fail? - MLA Ranjit to CM
- Opposition MLAs echoes for a proper Education Policy; Lack of teachers, school infrastructures, improper transfer of teachers main concerns for the Opposition MLAs
- Sahamphung Sub Divisional HQ to be operated from Ukhrul district Mini Secretariat