Imphal March 15: The 4th Annual Journalists’ sports meet organised by the All Manipur Working Journalists’ Union began today by lighting up event’s flame at Manipur Press Club here in Imphal.
President of the Manipur Olympic Association Bijoy Koijam who is also the former general secretary of the All Manipur Working Journalists’ Union lite up the game flame which was brought from the secret Kangla of Imphal.The venue of the Sports meet will be held at Khuman Lampak sports’ complex for athletics and for football match the venue has been scheduled at RAU ground. Other indoor events like carom and chess will be held at Manipur Press club.
Speaking on the occasion MOA president Bijoy Koijam said the sports meet will be moment at which the journalist fraternity could relax and improve their health. President of the AMWJU W Shyamjai appeals all journalists who are members of the union to take part and make the annual sport meet a grand success.
Latest from Imphal Times
- Manipur University issue rocks both outside and inside State Assembly; Opposition MLAs question if VC Pandey is indispensible
- Dozens of students injured in police action in the periphery of Manipur Legislative Assembly
- Liquor Prohibition (Amendment) Bill referred to select committee; Protest staged by civil society at various places
- Chief Minister dishonours dignity of the House - Joykishan
- ZERO HOUR : ‘Ban Imphal Times if the reports on use of expired tear gas by police and lost of 5 crore on the banning of the internet service is not true’